START YOUR CRUISE IN PANAMA.
BUY A GREAT BOAT AT A GREAT PRICE AND START IN PARADISE!
The Gulfstar 50 was the best boat Gulfstar ever built and also the most popular, with 172 hulls launched during a six-year production run that ended in 1980. Designed by Lazzara himself, the GS 50 boasts superior interior joinery, generous accommodations, robust construction, and a well proportioned hull and rig.
The Gulfstar 50 Ketch is a big blue water sailing yacht with classic good looks, tons of room and teak interior. Built to carry you where-ever you want to go comfortably, safely and in style, she has served her owner well and is ready to be cruised by a new owner.
BLOW ME AWAY features a large deck with extended bow pulpit, anchor with chain and windlass. The spacious center cockpit has ample seating, pedestal with wheel, and bimini top with dodger. She is designed to look good and sail well with graceful lines and solid build.
The interior features teak bulkheads and trim. Amidships is an open salon with facing settees, convertible dinette, and dining table. There are teak cabinets to store everything you need for an extended cruise or the necessities for living aboard. There is a nav station with chart table. Across from the dinette is a full galley with pass through.
This 50 has two private staterooms and shop/storage room. Forward is the guest stateroom with v-berth, captain's cabin to starboard has been converted to a shop and storage, and aft is the master stateroom with queen berth.
This 50' Gulfstar is designed for circumnavigation with the room to live aboard. BLOW ME AWAY was actively cruised by the current owners for the past 20+ years and now lies in Panama waiting for her next owner to continue the dream.
HIGHLIGHTS AND UPGRADES
- All hatches replaced in 2005 with Lewmar Offshore hatches
- New hatch above galley upgrade
- AB 11' rib with a 30HP Tohatsu outboard
- Bow roller anchor upgraded with 3/8” stainless steel
- Stainless steel lifeline rail around boat – upgrade
- New booms with upgraded boom wings to catch the sails on both main and mizzen
- Sails in good condition – 135 Genoa, 90 Jib, staysail, main, mizzen and mizzen staysail, asymmetric spinnaker
- New Lofran Tigres windlass installed 2016
- Perma Glass dodger and hardtop – upgrade
- Dinghy davits installed – upgrade
- 2 – 120 Solar panels on top of davits
- Garhauer crane to lift dinghy motor on aft deck
- AB 11” dinghy with cover
- 30 hp Tohatsu outboard
- Snug Harbor dinghy on foredeck used for storage with davits to raise and lower
- New master stateroom cabin sole
- New upholstery
- Kitchen counters upgraded to Corian
- Large refrigeration box and freezer reinsulated
- Crosby 110 refrigeration
- Both forward and aft heads have Corian counters with Lavac toilets
- Canvas inventory – full sun cover, bimini enclosure with screens and lexan, hatch covers, sail covers in good condition
- Ports upgraded to Newfound metal with hurricane shutters, six out of 10 have stained glass
- Electronics – Garmin chart plotter 2018, 2018 Simrad autopilot, Simrad wind instrument, Garmin depth sounder, Standard Horizon VHF
- Sea Recovery 30 gal water maker (needs work)
Charles Doane of Sail Magazine calls the Gulfstar 50 "An affordable Big Boat". Now a sailing classic, the Gulfstar 50 is known for its sailing qualities, a fast hull shape and capable offshore in heavy seas. It's solid fiberglass construction and versatile ketch rig and affordable price point make it an ideal and popular world cruiser. The interior layout and finish is perfectly suited for life at sea offering ample storage for long journeys and all the comforts of home.
Transitioning to a life at sea as a live-aboard is a process and transforming the yacht can be a long process of trial and error. BLOW ME AWAY has been modified and upgraded by its owners after twenty years at sea, constantly updating and improving the home on the water. Comfort, storage, efficiency, safety, security, stability, these are the concerns of every sailor as they live and travel on the water. Preparing the yacht to meet these concerns is a painstaking and costly process with many hidden circumstances, making it difficult to get it right the first time. BLOW ME AWAY is about as well thought out a yacht as you will find with many clever modifications above and below decks.