Whether you're in the market for new yachting equipment, interested in getting an up-close look at a variety of vessels or you simply seek the opportunity to take part in an exciting boating event with other like-minded enthusiasts, several unique boat shows occur throughout the United States each year. Here's a look at some of the nation's top boat shows you may want to attend.
1. The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
For over 50 years, boating enthusiasts have gathered for this popular event, which showcases everything from super-yachts to sailing vessels to smaller inflatables and canoes. The show also offers opportunities to attend seminars and special events, and it advertises an innovative culinary experience. The latest in high-tech marine gadgetry and boat accessories will be on display, and visitors can participate in a variety of demonstrations. If you are looking for a boat show experience that has something for everyone, this may be the boat show for you. The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show takes place from October 30th through November 3rd this year.
You can buy tickets here https://secure.interactiveticketing.com/1.26/59b4a3/#/select
Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Savor Cinema https://www.fliff.com/savor-cinema-news/
- Coral Springs Museum of Art https://coralspringsmuseum.org/
- Flamingo Gardens https://www.flamingogardens.org/
- Sawgrass Mills https://www.simon.com/mall/sawgrass-mills
2. The Atlanta Boat Show
The Atlanta Boat Show is another event that has been taking place for more than 50 years, and it's come to take on a flavor of its own. In addition to a wide variety of boats on display, this show incorporates fishing and sailing seminars for all ability levels, safety training courses, and even a kids' zone, with family-friendly activities for boating enthusiasts of all ages. The Atlanta Boat Show takes place from January 16th through the 19th, 2020.
Things to do in Atlanta
- Fox Theatre https://www.foxtheatre.org/
- Georgia Aquarium https://www.georgiaaquarium.org/
- Fat Matt's Rib Shack https://fatmattsribshack.net/
- Krog Street Market http://krogstreetmarket.com/
- The Clermont Lounge https://www.clermontlounge.net/
3. The Mid-America Boat Show
If you're going to be in the Midwest over the winter, you may want to visit Cleveland, Ohio's Mid-America Boat Show this January 16th through the 20th. This event is one of the largest indoor boat shows in the nation, featuring one million square feet of displays, including boats and personal watercraft of all kinds. Speakers and presentations on a wide variety of boating topics, including safety, special equipment, and insurance are included. Boating simulators and other hands-on clinics make this a multi-faceted, interactive event.
Things to do in Cleveland
- West Side Market http://westsidemarket.org/
- Rock and Roll Hall of Frame https://www.rockhall.com/
- Cleveland Museum of Art http://clevelandmuseumofart.art/
- 4th Street Downtown Cleveland http://www.east4thstreet.com/
- Playhouse Square http://www.playhousesquare.org/
Looking for things to do in Cleveland that weekend? The Cavaliers will be in town against the New York Knicks ! Link to tickets here: https://www.vividseats.com/nba-basketball/cleveland-cavaliers-tickets/cavaliers-1-20-3214462.html
4. The Seattle Boat Show
Taking place January 24th through February 1st, 2020, The Seattle Boat Show is the largest boat show on the Northwest coast of the U.S., and it is reputed to be one of the best boat festivals nationwide. It is held both indoors, at CenturyLink Field, and outdoors, on the water, at South Lake Union and Bell Harbor Marina. This multi-day event features stand-up paddleboards to super-yachts and everything in between, and it offers over 200 boating and fishing seminars to help you explore your interests and expand your skills.
Things to do in Seattle
- Pike Place Market http://pikeplacemarket.org/
- Space Needle https://www.spaceneedle.com/
- Chihuly Garden and Glass https://www.chihulygardenandglass.com/
- Museum of Pop Culture https://www.mopop.org/
5. The Miami International Boat Show
What could be more welcome Mid-February than a trip to sunny Miami? In 2020, The Miami International Boat Show will be held February 13th to the 17th, and annually features more than 3000 boats and 2000 exhibitors across multiple locations. The multimedia event features clinics, demonstrations, entertainment, and the latest marine innovations.
Things to do in Miami
- Innovative Art at the ICA https://icamiami.org/
- Microtheater https://microtheatermiami.com/
- Versailles Bakery https://www.versaillesbakery.com/
- Wynwood Brewing Company https://wynwoodbrewing.com/
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden https://www.fairchildgarden.org/
6. The Newport International Boat Show
Although there are many New England events dedicated to boating, none is as popular as The Newport International Boat Show, which attracts thousands of eager visitors every year. Held in the historic Rhode Island port city, this event takes advantage of the beautiful Mid-September weather; it occurs September 13th through the 16th this year. The Newport International Boat Show is known for its extensive display of in-water sail and power boats and features the latest in boating gear and services.
Wherever you go this year to experience new and inspiring boating adventures, put our expertise to work for you in meeting all your yachting needs. Contact us to learn more about our professional brokerage services, including a free yacht evaluation, and let us guide you through the process of buying or selling a yacht.
Things to do in Newport